Employment & Study Opportunities
BeyondHousing provides a range of employment options. As an organisation we encourage quality service delivery, team work and embrace a work/life balance philosophy.
Some of the benefits that BeyondHousing staff enjoy include:
- 12% Superannuation
- Rostered Days Off for full time staff
- Salary Packaging
- 7 weeks paid parental leave
- Work/life balance
- 17.5% leave loading on annual leave taken
- Access to a Health and Wellbeing Program which reimburses up to $350 per year
- Regular internal supervision
- Access to organisational vehicles for work related travel
- Access to Hep B shots and flu vaccinations
- A supportive and professional work environment
BeyondHousing seeks committed, passionate and dedicated individuals to apply for any advertised positions or to submit a resume for those interested in joining our team.
To find out more about working for or completing a student placement with us, please contact our HR Manager on 02 6055 9000 or contact us.
BeyondHousing is committed to the vision of ending homelessness and are driven by values of Rights, Fairness, Creativity, Quality and Collaboration to achieve this vision. If you are passionate about this vision and have experience working with vulnerable and disadvantaged people, then we could be the employer for you.
The successful candidate must participate in a National Police Check and Working with Children Check as all roles with BeyondHousing operate within a Child Safe organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Tenancy Assistance and Advocacy Program (TAAP) Worker
Wangaratta (Part time – 3 days)
We currently have a part time opportunity in our Tenancy Assistance and Advocacy (TAAP) Program based in Wangaratta. The TAAP worker will be responsible for providing a quality tenancy service to financially disadvantaged Victorians and victims of family violence. This is through information and referral, negotiation and Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) assistance, including advocating for tenants at VCAT hearings. The role is three days a week working Monday, Thursday, and Friday.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Demonstrated effective advocacy and negotiation skills
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A strong client focus and ability to problem solve, collaborate and find solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the Residential Tenancies Act
- The ability to effectively convey tenant’s rights and responsibilities to others
- Knowledge and experience of VCAT processes and procedures
- Strong Administration skills including accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills, including the capacity to effectively manage a varied caseload and work with minimal supervision
- Current driver’s licence.
What we offer
This is a part time role with a base hourly rate between $36.62 and $39.40 based on skills and experience, and in line with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 – Level 4.
Other great benefits of working for BeyondHousing include 12% superannuation, annual leave loading, RDOs, generous salary packaging benefits available to not-for-profit employees, health and wellbeing allowances, and opportunities for regular professional development.
Applications close at 5pm on 14th May 2021. Any queries should be directed to the Human Resources Coordinator, Sarah Biggs on 02 6055 9000.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.