Employment & Study Opportunities
BeyondHousing provides a range of employment options. As an organisation we encourage quality service delivery, team work and embrace a work/life balance philosophy.
Some of the benefits that BeyondHousing staff enjoy include:
- 12% Superannuation
- Rostered Days Off for full time staff
- Salary Packaging
- 7 weeks paid parental leave
- Work/life balance
- 17.5% leave loading on annual leave taken
- Access to a Health and Wellbeing Program which reimburses up to $350 per year
- Regular internal supervision
- Access to organisational vehicles for work related travel
- Access to Hep B shots and flu vaccinations
- A supportive and professional work environment
BeyondHousing seeks committed, passionate and dedicated individuals to apply for any advertised positions or to submit a resume for those interested in joining our team.
To find out more about working for or completing a student placement with us, please contact our HR Manager on 02 6055 9000 or contact us.
BeyondHousing is committed to the vision of ending homelessness and are driven by values of Rights, Fairness, Creativity, Quality and Collaboration to achieve this vision. If you are passionate about this vision and have experience working with vulnerable and disadvantaged people, then we could be the employer for you.
The successful candidate must participate in a National Police Check and Working with Children Check as all roles with BeyondHousing operate within a Child Safe organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Case Manager - Tenancy Plus (Full time, 2 positions).
Wodonga and Wangaratta
We currently have two vacancies for Case Managers. One role is based in our Wodonga office and one is based in our Wangaratta office. Both of these full time roles will be responsible for the provision of advocacy and support to Social Housing tenants delivering the outcomes of the Tenancy Plus Program.
The Case Manager will work to sustain the housing of tenants who are at risk of losing their tenancy and providing support to maintain a successful tenancy. The position also requires advocacy and negotiation at the Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) and with Social Housing providers, including the Department of Health & Human Services.
We are seeking candidates with:
- A commitment to delivering exceptional customer service
- Case management experience
- Strong advocacy and negotiation skills
- Compassion and empathy for all people
- Excellent administrative skills including MS Office
- Well developed communication and time management skills
- A current driver’s licence
- Experience within the social, housing or community sectors will be highly regarded.
What we offer
These are permanent full time roles (Mon-Fri) with a base hourly rate between $37.54 and $40.39 based on skills and experience, and in line with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 – Level 4.
Other great benefits of working for BeyondHousing include 12% superannuation, annual leave loading, RDOs, generous salary packaging benefits available to not-for-profit employees, health and wellbeing allowances, and opportunities for regular professional development.
How to ApplyApplications close 5pm, Friday 30 July 2021. Any queries should be directed to the Human Resources Coordinator, Sarah Biggs on 02 6055 9000. To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Homelessness Network Coordinator – Part time
The Ovens Murray and Goulburn Homelessness Network (OMGRHN) is a network of agencies in the Goulburn Ovens Murray region who work collaboratively for the achievement of an integrated system providing support and accommodation to people experiencing or at risk of homelessness in the region. The reality for homelessness services is that demand dramatically exceeds the service system’s capacity to respond, together with a shortfall of affordable housing.
An upcoming vacancy exists for a part time Homelessness Network Coordinator. This opportunity is a maternity relief contract through to June 2022. The aim of the role and the Network is to develop an informed regional voice on homelessness, advocate for improved responses to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and build the capacity of the region’s service system.
BeyondHousing is the auspice employer, however the position remains equally responsible to all homelessness funded services within the network. This role can be based in Wodonga, Wangaratta, or Shepparton and part time hours are negotiable (3-4 days per week).
This challenging and rewarding position requires a driven, energetic and self-motivated individual. The Networker role operates in an ever changing policy environment, to assist and support homelessness services to engage with various policy positions and to advocate, on behalf of the Network, for adequate resourcing to end homelessness.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Qualifications and/or experience relevant to the role.
- Exceptional communication, advocacy and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think and perform strategically in a complex and changing environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to consult with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to understand, interpret and provide high level critical analysis of policy.
- Demonstrated capacity to collate and analyse data and prepare quality reports and information for stakeholders.
- Highly developed administration skills including the sound application of database management programs and MS Office.
- Ability to demonstrate innovation and creativity.
- Proven ability to manage time effectively, including prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- A current driver’s licence.
- Experience in public speaking, media, networking and facilitation is preferred, and the confidence to demonstrate and develop these skills is essential.
What we offer
This is a maximum term contract role with a base hourly rate between $42.94 and $44.89 based on skills and experience, and in line with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 – Level 5.
How to Apply
Applications close 5pm, Friday 30 July 2021. Any queries should be directed to the Human Resources Manager, Alison Eaton on 02 6055 9000. To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com