Long-term housing means that you rent a property from us. Our housing is called Community Housing – it is affordable, safe, and secure housing for people on low to moderate incomes.
Can I get long-term housing?
To get long-term housing we look at:
- Your income – you need to be on a low income or income support. You must be able to access Commonwealth Rent Assistance.
- Your active Victorian Housing Register (VHR) application. We can help you complete the application, contact us for help.
- The support you have in the local area – like your family, friends, and support services.
How do I get long-term community housing?
- We can help you apply to the Victorian Housing Register.
- It can be a long wait to get long-term housing because a lot of people need homes.
- Applications are looked at based on who is most in need and everybody’s situation.
- You can check if you can get community housing here.
What if I already live in long-term housing and need help?
- Get help with repairs and maintenance issues in a long-term property here
- Get help and support if you are at risk of losing your long-term property here