Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Support Program
This program is for people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander who are public housing or Aboriginal Housing Victoria tenants.
The program aims to help people stay in their current home and provides free and independent support which is delivered in a confidential, culturally appropriate, and non-judgemental manner.
Things we can do include:
- Explain your rights and responsibilities
- Liaise and negotiate with your landlord
- Develop a case plan to help you achieve your goals
- Help with your housing needs
- Refer you to other services if you need extra help
- Give you a voice to sort out your housing issues
- Represent your interests with your landlord or at Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
- Provide financial assistance to keep your tenancy going.
- To access these services, call your local DHHS housing, Aboriginal Housing Victoria or BeyondHousing office.